Disabilty Junior national Championships
Sport in mind
Sport in Mind is a new session at Wycombe Badminton Centre, they lend a helping hand to people experiencing mental health problems.
To find more about the session, please see poster on this page> or go to: https://www.sportinmind.org/
Taking part in sport or physical activity regularly really does have a positive impact on both our mental and physical health. Some of the many benefits include:
- Helps us to cope with the stresses of daily life more effectively
- Improves our physical health
- Helps us maintain a healthy weight
- Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people and make friends
- Improves concentration and sleeping patterns
- Give you a natural energy boost
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Releases chemicals in your brain that makes you feel happy
Session on HOLD
Talkback is a session at Wycombe Badminton Centre for adults with learning disability and autism; more information can be found on their website:
Talkback has developed a strong partnership which joined their knowledge in learning disability and Wycombe Badminton's open mind and keen to learn approach. They work hard to break down those barriers for people accessing sport.
So, why do Talkback value Wycombe Badminton's approach so much and why that has helped to break down those barriers?
Its really fabulous work and there is much still to do to build on...
Oxford Health Charity
Oxford Health Charity exists to support those receiving care and working with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. We enhance patient, carer and staff experience through supporting projects, activities and training over and above that provided through the NHS. Attending WBC, Oxford Health is a group working with mainly learning difficulties and autism.