With Monday's Government announcement about the release from lockdown, we are delighted to confirm that we will be reopening Badminton Wycombe from Monday, April 12th. As this is the first step on a phased path to full release from lockdown there are some important changes of which you need to be aware.
These changes are detailed below and cover:
- Opening Hours
- Restrictions on the Type of Play Permitted
- New Online Booking System
- Strings 'N' Things
We have modified our opening hours until further notice. The opening hours will be monitored constantly and will be reviewed periodically so as to best align with demand for courts and our ability to make opening a commercial viability.
Monday 9.00am - 8.00pm
Tuesday 2.00pm - 8.00pm
Wednesday 2.00pm - 8.00pm
Thursday 2.00pm - 8.00pm
Friday 2.00pm - 8.00pm
Saturday 11.00am - 5.00pm
Sunday 11.00am - 5.00pm
If you are wanting to play outside of these times, please do let us know. We cannot promise that we will immediately be able to accommodate you, but it will help us understand what changes might be needed.
Restrictions on the Type of Play Permitted
In accordance with Badminton England and Government restrictions the only the following is permitted:
- Adults may only play with other adults and juniors from the same household
- Adults & Juniors may undertake 1-2-1 coaching sessions with Badminton Wycombe approved coaches
- Organised junior clubs and coaching activities
- Elite play as provided by the Centre
The safety of our players and staff remains our number one priority. Therefore, the rules before lockdown remain in place. These include:
- 2 meter social distancing will be observed
- All players must wear face coverings except whilst on court playing
- No parents / spectators are permitted in the building
- The one-way system remains in effect
- Players will be called into the Centre in court order, please queue in an orderly fashion outside the front door whilst waiting to be let in
- The only toilet facilities are the downstairs toilets and are a unisex facility with one person allowed in at any one time
- The upstairs, including bar and kitchen remain out of bounds
- The showers remain unavailable to use
- The Centre will continue to undertake extra cleaning and will provide hand sanitiser for everyone
- The Centre will remain a cashless facility
- All court bookings must be made using the online booking system
New Online Booking System
The Centre has invested in a new online booking system that should make everyone's life easier. An email will go out with more details about it and how to use it once it is live.
The big advantages for players are that you will:
- Be able to pay for annual and/or daily membership at the time of booking courts
- Always be presented with an option to pay by card, as we are moving away from PayPal and over to Stripe
- You will be able to book multiple courts more easily
- It will manage annual memberships and your membership information much more easily
Over the past year, with the degree of disruption that COVID has created, we have not asked members with 2019/20 membership to rejoin, as we could not guarantee how much access you would get for your money. Equally, for our new members, we appreciate that you have paid for membership with similar ambiguity. We are delighted to inform our members that as of April 12, 2021:
- We are moving to a rolling 12-month membership, so that regardless of when you join, you will benefit from a full 12 months of membership (another advantage of the new online booking system)
- Anyone that joined after March 1, 2020 will be given a 12 month membership starting as of April 12, 2021 and therefore will not have to rejoin until April 12, 2022!
- Anyone that joined before March 1, 2020, will be required to rejoin the Centre when they next wish to book a court, so that could be April 12th or later.
If you paid for Membership after March 1, 2020, you will receive an email from the new system regarding your new log-in details.
Strings 'N' Things
The shop will be available during our opening times. Please note that:
- You MUST phone ahead to make an appointment - 01494 528441
- Only one customer is permitted in the shop at a time